The ATO has acknowledged that an incorrect excess non-concessional contribution ('ENCC') determination may issue due to a known system issue with the calculation of some SMSF member’s total super balance ('TSB').
Editor: Recent super reforms have meant that individuals are restricted from making non-concessional contributions where their TSB equals or exceeds $1.6 million.
This is due to an individual’s pension being incorrectly 'double counted' in the calculation of their TSB (which may have occurred where the individual commenced a pension on 30 June 2017 and/or 1 July 2017).
If an incorrect ENCC determination does issue, the ATO advises that there is no need for the SMSF to amend its reporting — an amended determination should issue within 4 weeks.
Editor: If you get one of these, please contact our office and we'll help sort it out.
- ATO watching for foreign income this Tax Time
- "Outrageous" deductions rejected
- ATO guidance regarding incorrect ENCC determinations
- The ATO hits the road
- Motor vehicle registries data matching program protocol
- ATO guidance regarding 'downsizer contributions'
- ATO Updates
- Company loans to shareholders under review
- Scammers impersonating tax agents
- Expansion of the TPRS