The ATO is urging taxpayers who receive any foreign income from investments, family members or working overseas to make sure they report it this tax time. New international data sharing agreements allow the ATO to track money across borders and identify individuals not meeting their oblig ..
The ATO has published some of the most unusual claims that they disallowed last financial year. Nearly 700,000 taxpayers claimed almost $2 billion of ‘other’ expenses, but the ATO's systematic review of claims had found, and disallowed, some very unusual expenses, including: - clai ..
- ATO watching for foreign income this Tax Time
- "Outrageous" deductions rejected
- ATO guidance regarding incorrect ENCC determinations
- The ATO hits the road
- Motor vehicle registries data matching program protocol
- ATO guidance regarding 'downsizer contributions'
- ATO Updates
- Company loans to shareholders under review
- Scammers impersonating tax agents
- Expansion of the TPRS